Welcome to my blog!

I created this blog to share some of the vast amounts of information about fish, fishing and tips from other fisherman, my own ideas, fishing shows I've seen and information from around the Internet. Feel free to participate and if you have any ideas, tips, tricks or techniques you would like to share, please do so! Think of this blog as a one-stop for all your fishing info.

Monday, January 31, 2011

The more lines the better when ice fishing.

When it comes to ice fishing, some anglers like to use less lines with more concentration on each and some anglers have ridiculous amounts of lines in the ice. Is one method better than the other? My way of thinking is somewhere in between. I don't think that a couple of lines in the water is going to be very productive, but too many and you can't pay good enough attention to them all. I've seen guys with 25 lines in the water at once! That's just nuts. If a school comes along and starts hitting lines all around you, you won't know what to go after fist and will definitely miss something, maybe a big one! I think anything between 6 and 12 holes is ample, not to little and not too much as to cause confusion. These numbers only represent one person fishing. If there's more, of course then you can multiply that number by how many people or whatever you think your friends can handle, how cold it is, how active the bite is, etc. It also depends on the situation. I've seen people pull up on after another from one hole all day long without the bite ever slowing down. It all depends on how the fish are schooling under that blanket of ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment